Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So I was on my way to REI

which is a good 50 or so blocks from my house, no biggie on a bike, to get new wheels and tires etc...because mine are old and I figure it's better to be safe than sorry, and I wanted to make my very heavy vintage bike a little lighter, when my back tire explodes. I don't mean it goes flat. I mean it explodes. As in the rubber part is coming out of the metal part and the inner tube is flopping about, a tattered mess. Even pushing the bike home, which was about 6 blocks away was a chore because the back tire kept getting caught and it is just too heavy to carry in this heat.

Boo bicycle.

I can only hope my roomates with cars will be charitable and take me up to REI tonight to make arrangements.

That's what I call bad news bears.

Now there's nothing left for me to do except my homework. And watch Buffy on DVD.

No comments: