Friday, August 3, 2007

Boise

Wow.

On the upside, it's more green than I thought. The downtown reminds me of Olympia. Kind of. It seems older than Olympia, less "hip" perhaps. I went to an art gallery yesterday and saw some of the worst art I've ever seen in my life. A lot of landscapes executed poorly. And they served punch instead of wine because Idaho is run by Mormons. Or at least that's what I was told. That the mormons rallied so that wine couldn't be served at the galleries.

I also went to a bbq with my roomate and met people who would have blended into Evergreen like little baby chameleons. They all have gardens and talk about gardening and they all brough fresh tomatoes and basil and bread and mozarella so we ate capreses. I didn't see a grill anywhere. Actually, I didn't see a single cooked dish at all. But the people were nice.

I am also unpacked.

I haven't ventured out much but it has only been 2 days.

I miss Seattle more than I had expected, and I had expected to miss it.

I probably wont venture out until the afternoon. When it cools a little. Now I think I will read harry potter. It's good so far. I think I could finish it today but I probably won't.