Monday, May 16, 2011

The Weekend Update

This weekend I went to Portland and sat outside in 70 degree sunshine, eating and drinking on patios with friends. It was glorious.

But that's not why I'm here. I'm here to tell you that those spring rolls were awesome. You know, the ones I was talking about a couple weeks ago.

Shred (probably easiest in the food processor):

1 Beet
1 Sweet Potato
1 Yam

Chop: cucumbers, basil, fennel

Sprouts

stuff into rice paper and roll.


For the chili lime sauce: mix juice of fresh lime, bit o sriracha (to taste), bit o sugar (to taste)

I didn't use any vinegar in that chili lime sauce, but I would mos def put some seasoned rice vinegar in there to make it a bit more dressing like.

Still, they were fresh and delicious. Perfect for the oncoming warmer weather.

1 comment:

amber said...

Things I mean to include in the future: avocado, some kind of tropical fruit, and maybe a touch of rice for substance.